- 1-2 tbsp red Thai curry paste (depending on taste)
Many Thai and Thai-inspired dishes start with a highly flavoured paste. These are made from a…
- 500ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 onion, chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 aubergine, diced
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 75g red lentil
- 200ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 2 red or yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 140g frozen pea
- 100g bag baby spinach, roughly chopped
Used in almost every cuisine across the world, spinach is an enormously popular green vegetable…
- brown basmati rice and mango chutney, to serve
Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick saucepan with a splash of the stock. Add the onions and fry for 5 mins until starting to soften. Stir in the aubergine and cook for a further 5 mins – add a little more stock if starting to stick.
Add the lentils, coconut milk and the rest of the stock, and simmer for 15 mins or until the lentils are tender. Add the peppers and cook for 5-10 mins more. Stir through the peas and spinach and cook until spinach has just wilted. Serve the curry with rice and mango chutney.