My Kind of Fruit Cake
Member recipe by hkugele88
A light, moist, crumbly fruit cake, packed with plump raisins, sultanas, currants, cranberries and mixed peel. This cake is a nice alternative to traditional fruit cakes used for wedding and christmas cakes but still makes an excellent base for icing and decorating and making tiered cakes.
- 250g of Stork
- 12 oz of Self Raising Flour
- 6 oz of Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120z Dried Mixed Fruit Including Cranberries
- 200ml of Cranberry Juice
- 200ml of Orange Juice
- tbsp Mixed Spice
- First soak the dried fruit in the cranberry and orange juice. Allow this to soak whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and stork until pale.
- Add the mixed spice to the flour and sieve half of the flour and one egg to the mixture, beating well.
- Then repeat this with the remaining flour and egg.
- Drain the fruit from the juices, and then add to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-10 inch cake tin and cook in the oven for 1 hour 45 mins at 130c until the cake is firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 2 hours before tucking in!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…