Pesto Chicken Pasta
Member recipe by kutekitty777
- 250g Dried Pasta- use which shape you want, i like Tagliatelle
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 400g Sliced Chicken Breast OR Thigh Fillets
- 100g Of Whatever Bacon you have in your frige, parma, streaky back etc are all fine, chopped into quite small pieces
- 2-3 Good Dollops of Creme Fraiche
- Half a Jar of Good Green Pesto
- Parmesan Shavings and Chopped Fresh Parsley to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the packet intructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes until well-browned. Add the bacon ( i suppose you could add some sliced mushrooms or something here aswell, or use all mushrooms if cooking this for veggies) and fry until starting to crisp.
- Take the pan of the heat, then stir in the creme fraiche. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto. Simmer for another 1-2 minutes until the chicken is properly cooked through. Season to taste.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta well and add it to the pan. Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta.
- Decant into a big bowl and scatter over parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…