Member recipe by becky-wilson
- 225g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 225g Butter or margerine, at room temp.
- 225g Caster Sugar
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Grease a 23 x 13 cm loaf tin
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter/margerine, adding the sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon rind and the vanilla
- Add the eggs 1 at a time, along with a tablespoon of the flour, beating for 1 minute after each addition
- Sift over the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into the tin and tap lightly. Bake until a metal skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours
- Allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out and allow to cool completely
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…