Fluffy Fairy Cakes
Member recipe by holliebaker
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Muffins
These fairy cakes are light, fluffy and low-calorie! Very easy to make and takes less than half an hour in total! How could you go wrong?
- FOR THE CAKES
- 60g Butter
- 60 Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Free range Egg
- 60g Flour
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- Electric Whisk
- 6 Cake cases
- Muffin tray
- Crack the egg into a seperate bowl using only the white, setting aside the yolk. Whisk the whites with an electric whisk, or if you don't have one, by hand.
- Meanwhile, cream sugar, butter and vanilla extract with electric whisk until smooth. Then add the egg yolk to the mixture and whisk again.
- Add in the milk, then flour and whisk until a smooth, creamy mixture has been created. Put the oven on 180C.
- Slowly, fold in the egg whites bit by bit until they have all been mixed in and the cake mixture is light and fluffy.
- Put the cake cases into the muffin trays, and spoon 2 Tbsp of the cake mixture into each case.
- Cook for 10 Mins until golden on top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…