Heart Shaped Bread!!
Member recipe by sarah97
This is bread like no other bread, not only it has a unique heart shape, it has a delicious cheese and bacon filling!
- 250g strong bread flour
- 150ml tepid water
- 2tsp dried yeast
- 1tsp sugar
- Half tsp salt
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 60g cheese
- 60g bacon
- Large bowl
- grater (if needed)
- knife (if needed)
- chopping board (if needed)
- Before you start cooking make sure you have washed your hands and also that your hair is tied back (if needed). Preheat the oven to about 200 degrees celcius.
- Put the flour, water, yeast, olive oil, salt and sugar all into a bowl and mix it all together (preferably with a fork but you can use a spoon) until it becomes a dough mixture.
- Then knead the dough for about 5-6 minutes, untill it has a smooth and elastic-like texture.
- After you have done this, leave the bread dough to prove for about half an hour, to do this, wrap it in cling foil and leave it in a warm place (for example on a warm window ledge) to doubke in size.
- Now for the fun bit! Take the cling film off and knock the air out of the dough, then roll your dough out so that it has a fairly large area. Then add your cheese and bacon, you can add as much or as little of the 60g as you like!
- After you have done this, close your dough back up and shape it into your heart shape (if you would prefer to do another shape feel free!)
- *(OPTIONAL) Add a few slits in the top of your bread dough and add a salt water glaze for a shiny and crunchy end result. You may also add sesame seeds or any other seeds you wish.
- After you have done this, leave it to prove for a final time for 30 minutes to an hour until it has doubled in size once more.
- Once you have done this, place your heart shaped bread into the oven to cook for about 12-15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take the bread out of the oven and make sure it is good by tapping the bottom of your bread, if it sounds hollow its done, if it doesn't put it back into the oven for a few minutes until it does. After it is ready, it is now time eat your own homemade heart shaped bread!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…