- 500g bag new potatoes, halved
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 400g pasta shapes
Pasta is the Italian name for Italy's version of a basic foodstuff which is made in many…
- 225g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
For the pesto
- large bunch mixed herbs (use whatever you have, such as basil, chives, dill, mint, parsley, or rocket - about 25g in total)
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest 1 lemon, plus a squeeze of juice
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra shaved, to serve
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 5 mins. Add the pasta and cook following pack instructions. Add the green beans 3 mins before the end.
Meanwhile, in a mini chopper or small food processor, blitz the pesto ingredients until roughly chopped.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and tip back into the pan. Toss through the pesto and crème fraîche and divide into bowls. Serve with shaved Parmesan on top.
For an even speedier version of this dish, use a jar of pesto. Try a classic basil one or a rocket-based version.