successful claims.com cake
Member recipe by explayboybunny
This chocolate cake was made for me when I recently opened my new company, the recipe is easy but tastes awesome.
- 300g light muscovado sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 100g self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- 300g dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- For The Icing
- 200g dark choclate
- 200mls double cream
- Heat the oven to 160c, butter and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together butter and light muscovado sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Measure out plain flour and self-raising flour, beat in 5 eggs one at a time, adding 1 or 2 tbsp flour if the mixture starts to split
- Pour 300g melted and slightly cooled dark chocolate into the mixture, beating as you do so. Fold in the rest of the flour.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, the cake should be risen with a crust on top. Cool and then take out of the tin. Split the cake horizontally.
- To make the icing, gently melt together dark chocolate with double cream. Cool until thickened slightly. Fill the cake with icing, then spread the rest over the outside.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…