Member recipe by xjamjamx
- Ingredients per person:
- 8 rashes of precooked crispy bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper
- 16 asparagus spears, trim off the woody ends, peel off the outer layer
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 200grms sliced Fontina cheese (you could also use gouda, gruyere, emmental or edam instead)
- 10gm Parmesan, grated
- First cook the asparagus. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil that is wide enough to hold the asparagus laying down. Place the Asparagus into the water and rapidly bring back to the boil, then immediately lower the heat and continue to simmer uncovered for around 4 minutes. It is cooked when a knife can easily pierce the base and it should bend a little, but not be floppy. Drain and remove the string and cut into 5 cm pieces.
- Fry the bacon until crispy, then drain.
- Beat the eggs with milk and season and heat the pan of olive oil over a low heat for 2 minutes. When hot, add the cooked, peeled and dried asparagus and cook for a couple of minutes until the asparagus is hot.
- Next, add the egg and milk mix and stir gently until the eggs start to cook and form.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cook gently for another 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooked frittata with Fontina and Parmesan cheese and some black pepper.
- Optional - Add Salad
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…