Creamy Tomato Soup
Member recipe by anna_or
- 250ml tub of sour cream
- 250ml tub of mascarpone
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 1 tin of tomato puree
- 100ml of water
- A bunch fresh chopped basil plus some for garnish
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Place the sour cream and mascarpone in a pot on medium heat and bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime chop the tomatoes and the basil and add them to the pot. Bring to the boil stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze 3 of the garlic cloves into the pot. Mix the tomato purre with the water and add to the soup with some salt to taste.
- Simmer gently stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes, add the last clove of garlic and simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…