White Sauce Pasta
Member recipe by big-joe
- 25g of flour
- 25g of margerine
- 250ml of milk
- 70g of cheese (grated)
- half a pepper (any colour)
- 50g of sweetcorn (tinned)
- 50g of mushrooms
- 150g of spagetti or a pasta of your choice
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 tsp of mustard powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Equipment list: Scales chopping board sharp knife measuring jug ballon wisk colander sieve two sauce pans wooden spatula
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Measure out 25g of plain flour, 25g of margerine, 250ml of milk and 70g of cheese then place them all and the mustard powder into a saucepan and stir well with a hand wisk
- Cut the two chicken fillets into chunks of any size you wish and put them in the oven for 30 mins on 200C
- Slice the pepper and mushrooms into fine pieces then add them into a DIFFERENT saucepan or a frying pan and fry until soft
- Meanwhile bring the white sauce slowly to the boil, stirring all the time until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese
- Once the peppers and mushrooms are done add them and the sweetcorn into the white sauce. Then take out the chicken (when finished) and also add it to the white sauce.
- Boil some water in the saucepan and cook the spagetti until 'Al Dante'
- Add 3/4 of the spagetti into the bottom of your bowl/plate then the white sauce and then the rest of the spagetti on top.
- Finally top it with the remains of the grated cheese and ENJOY !!!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…