Pineapple and cheddar chicken
Member recipe by xgasoline
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 half pineapple slices
- 6 slices of old cheddar
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 5ml lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A dozen toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Cut the chicken breasts as you can open them as a book.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a skillet. Grill the chicken breasts in the skillet, about 4 minutes each side. Salt, pepper to your taste.
- Cut the cheese slices in half, so it's abour the same size as the chicken breast.
- Open carefully the chicken breats, and Stuff them first with 2 half-slices of cheddar, then 1 half-slice of pineapple and then, finish with another half-slice of cheddar. Close them, make them hold with toothpicks.
- Spread 1 tbsp of oil in baking dish and place the chicken on it. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the juice coming out of the chicken is clear.
- About 5 minutes before the cooking is over, brown the green onions with the butter and the lime juice in a saucepan. Serve it over the chicken breasts when they are ready.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…