Simple Chicken Tikka Masala
Member recipe by minichef1234
- For the curry:
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 skinless chicken fillets, cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200g Chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of tikka masala sauce
- 350ml of boiling water (for stock)
- 300g of Basmati rice
- first, fry the chicken chunks in a saucepan until white, then place to one side and fry the onions in the same pan until brown
- once the onions are brown, add the chicken back and the garlic and continue frying for 5 minutes.
- Into another saucepan, put the rice into 500ml of boiling water and use cooking guide on packet to boil the rice.
- whilst the rice is boiling, put the chicken stock cube into a glass jug and add the boiling water to make the stock and add that to the onion, chicken and garlic.
- also add the tomatoes and tikka sauce and stir together.
- bring the mix to the boil and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- once the rice is fully cooked remove from pan and divide onto 2 plates.
- when the curry sauce is done use a ladle to pour some of the sauce onto the rice.
- for an extra touch, serve with either naan bread or popadoms.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…