Ali's Chicken Salad
Member recipe by alicocksworth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon juiced
- a splash of white wine
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g goat's cheese
- 400g fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 30g pine nuts
- 2 tbsp of pesto (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. While the oil is heating up rub the pepper and sea salt evenly into the chicken breasts. Add the chicken breasts whole, turn them every now and again to ensure that the meat is sealed properly. Then add the lemon juice, thyme and white wine.
- Pop the pasta into a pan of boiling, salted water. Stir occasionally and remember not to keep turning the chicken. Finely chop the spring onions and cucumber and tear the lettuce.
- Drain the pasta when cooked - try to avoid overcooking it and it going soggy. When drained return to the pan and stir in the pesto, pine nuts, lettuce, cucumber and spring onions before crumbling in the goat's cheese.
- Transfer the pasta salad to bowls. Remove the golden chicken breasts from the pan and tear them using a fork. Place the chicken on top of the salad and, should you wish, drizzle with a light dressing of your choice - I prefer just to use lemon and olive oil.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…