- 1 leek, finely sliced and washed
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 100g smoked back bacon, chopped
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 300g American easy-cook rice
- 500g cod or haddock fillet, skinned and diced into large chunks
A popular mild-flavoured saltwater fish mainly found in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Cod…
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
One of the most ubiquitous herbs in British cookery, parsley is also popular in European and…
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
Put the leeks and bacon in a medium microwavable dish with 4 tablespoons of the stock. Cover the dish with cling film, pierce the cling film with a knife and microwave on High for 5 minutes.
Stir the rice and remaining stock into the leek and bacon and continue to cook uncovered in the microwave for a further 5 minutes. Gently stir in the fish chunks, cover the dish with cling film, pierce the cling film with a knife and cook for a further 10 minutes, until the fish and rice are done.
Stir in the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes and serve straight from the dish.