Chorizo stuffed Turkey Breast
Member recipe by uncle-robbie
- 2 Turkey Breast Steaks
- 100 grams Chorizo sausage, chopped.
- Half a small onion, finely chopped,
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Torn fresh basil leaves (if you don't have any fresh basil, 1 tsp of dried basil will do)
- 4 black olives, pitted and chopped.
- 4 rashers of bacon (unsmoked is preferable)
- Fry the Chorizo and the onion together in a frying pan (don't worry about adding oil, as the Chorizo will produce enough of this) for around 3-4 minutes, until the onions are slightly softened. Add the tomatoes and the basil and stir through. Heat for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped olives to this mixture.
- Take a piece of cling film, lie the turkey breast steak individually onto this and cover with another piece of cling film. Using a rolling pin, gently pound the turkey steak until it it flattened to around ÃÂÃÂ½ centimeter in thickness. Repeat with the second turkey steak.
- Spoon half the mixture onto each steak and roll it up. Roll the bacon round each turkey steak (you may find it handy to tie it together with some string if it gets a bit fiddly.
- Fry the rolled up turkey steak in the frying pan until lightly browned on the outside.
- Place on a baking sheet and place into a preheated oven (around 200 Degrees Celcius/400 Degrees Farenheit/Gas Mark 6) for around 20 minutes, turning over about halfway through.