Simple Veggie Curry
Member recipe by siu07vs
A quick, nutritious and delicious curry dish with chickpeas, potatoes and spinach.
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (peeled & chopped)
- 2cm Root Ginger (peeled & grated)
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 300g Boiled Potatoes (quatered)
- 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tinned Chickpeas
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 150ml Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger until softened but not coloured.
- Stir in the garam masala and flaked chilli and continue to cook for 2 minutes before adding the potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the spinach until it has wilted and season to taste.
- Good with raita and naan bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…