Carribean Tuna Pasta
Member recipe by asizs3000
A quick and easy mid-week meal fit for all the family and great for lunch the next day, hot or cold.
- 500g conchiglie (pasta shells)
- 200g tuna chunks in Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 Sprig thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 200g sweetcorn kernels
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Grated cheese to serve
- Prepare the pasta, boil according to packet instructions.
- Thinly slice the onion and tomato. Crush the garlic. Add the olive oil to a small pan and gently sautee the onions until transparent; then add tomatoes and sautee together until tomatoes become tender. Remove from the heat.
- Drain sunflower oil from tuna chunks and add to pan with tomatoes and onions. Add cajun seasoning, ground black pepper, fish seasoning, thyme, crushed garlic and paprika. Gently fry for 3 minutes, do not allow to become dry.
- Add sweetcorn and its juices to tuna in the pan. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, checking it does not stick to the pan.
- Pasta should be ready by now, drain pasta and stir in cooked tuna from the pan.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…