Open Pumpkin Pie
Member recipe by anndiner
- For the Pastry
- 160 g flour
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- For the Filling
- 600-650 g Pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 100 g pecan
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ginger
- 1 clementine zested
- 80 g sugar
- Put the pumpkin to the microwave for 20 mins on 700W until soft
- Meanwhile let's make the Pastry. At first mix the flour, salt and butter, then add water. Pulse until the dough clumps together and put in the fridge for the next 30 mins.
- Now let's take the eggs, clementine zest, 90g pecan chopped, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Mix it to together.
- Take out the pumpkin, peeled it off. Put in the blender with the mixture of eggs, zest, pecan, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg until soft.
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Take the pastry, roll and put in the case, make sure that there's an overhang, then to the oven for 5 mins.
- Take the pastry out and pour the mixture. Back to the oven on 200C then 150C for 30 mins.
- Take out, let it cool and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…