Buttermilk Coleslaw salad
Member recipe by ashwinisampath
- 1 medium head green cabbage cored and chopped fine
- 2 large carrots peeled and shredded on a box grated
- 2/3 c buttermilk
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 8 scallions chopped fine
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional :
- 2 or 3 chicken salami ( with red and yellow pepper )
- Toss shredded cabbage and carrots with one teaspoon salt in a colander and set over a medium bowl. Let stand until wilted, about 1 hour. Rinse cabbage with carrots under cold water, drain, dry well with paper towels, and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients plus salt to taste. Refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- You can also add cold cut chicken salami if you prefer non-veg.
- But remember the key for better taste is to have the salad cold!!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…