Member recipe by sarah_clk
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
The easiest recipe to use up ripe/brown bananas, low in fat but delicious!
- 50g margarine
- 125g light or dark brown sugar (I use 50/50)
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (I sometimes bake them in the preheating oven in their skins to soften and deepen the flavour)
- 200g self rasing flour
- 1tsp cinnamon or mixed spice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Grease and line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and butter together using a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla and mashed banana and beat again for 1 minute.
- Fold in the sifted flour and cinnamon (or mixed spice if using.) Beat mixture with your wooden spoon until combined. Add a splash of milk if the mixture is too stiff, you want a dropping consistency.
- Spoon mixture in to a loaf tin and bake for 45min - 1 hour or until a knife pushed in to the centre comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar then eat warm or cold... store in an airtight container. Best eaten within 3-4 days.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…