Member recipe by stephie_kay
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
Delicious mineral-packed alternative to milk. Serve over ice cubes to cool out on a warm day, warm it up on a chilly night, add to your coffee for a change, or pour over your porridge. Also great alternative for kids who don't like their glass of milk
- 400g blanched almonds
- 4tbsp sweetener e.g. Canderel (You can use 150g of caster sugar if you dont want to use sweetener)
- 1.5tbsp clear honey
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Boil 900ml of water
- Pulse the almonds in a blender until finely chopped. Blend in sugar, honey and cinnamon to resemble a paste.
- While blender is still on, add boiling water slowly until it becomes frothy on top. About 1 minute.
- Allow it to cool (or cool in the fridge over night) and strain to your liking. (I like it with some texture in!)
- TIP: Dont like almonds? Use cashew nuts instead. Also very delicious
- TIP 2: If you cant find blanched almonds, just blanche them yourself. Immerse them in boiling water for about 1.5-2 minutes and they'll easily come out of their shell
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…