Chicken and Chorizo Hot Pot
Member recipe by tashab07
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large chorizo sausage, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into long strips
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 glasses white wine
- 1/2 large bottle of good extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6
- Add the chicken breasts to a large ovenproof casserole dish, with lid (or you can use a large saucepan with metal handle). Add the garlic, onion, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo, bay leaves, paprika and white wine and stir well.
- Finallly poor the olive oil over the top to make a film over the ingredients. Do not mix. It may seem like a lot of olive oil but it really works.
- Place in the oven, lid on and leave for 1 1/2 hours. Easy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…