Homemade Sandwich Crackers
Member recipe by stelladias77
- 150 grams flour, all-purpose
- 25 grams sugar
- 25 grams salt
- 75 grams butter chilled
- 1/2 whole egg beaten
- 50 millilitres water cooled
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift the flour. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Next add approximately 1/2 of the beaten egg yolk and also add the water. Mix well your hands. Try to work quickly.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Now take the chilled dough and roll out into a large square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Cut it into cracker sized squares ( 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch) using a pastry cutter (fluted cutter is great if you have one).prick the cracker with a fork
- Lightly butter a baking tray and then line with oiled or baking sprayed parchment paper. Place the crackers onto the baking tray.
- Bake about 7 minutes at 200C degrees or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add vanilla . Mix well.
- Now take one cracker and spread 2 teaspoons of the filling on the bottom of it and then top with another cracker. Press down.
- Serve and enjoy.
- See my web sites
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…