Vanilla malteser cake
Member recipe by beebee14
- For the mix:
- 200g butter , cut in pieces
- 170 self-raising flour
- 4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g golden caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons of horlicks powder
- half a tea spoon of vanilla extract
- For the icing:
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g or unsalted butter
- Set the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer or by hand until fluffy.
- One by one add in the eggs until thick.Then add in the vanilla extract.
- Now add in the horlicks to the flour and fold in to the mixture.
- Grease and flour a over proof cake pan and put in the oven for 30 mins then leave to cool for 20 mins.Then sandwich the two cakes together with the butter icing.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…