Member recipe by philipbur
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Pancakes
American style breakfast pancakes. Ideal with fruit & yogurt or maple syrup.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Wet ingredients:
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 egg whites, beaten until fluffly but not dry
- 1 cup blueberries, if desired
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl; set aside.
- Beat together wet ingredients.
- Gently stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy but not dry; fold gently into batter. Add 1 cup blueberries if desired.
- Spoon large ladlefulls onto hot, buttered skillet. Turn pancake over once top is slightely dry and most bubbles have popped. Serve hot with fresh fruit and yogurt, or maple syrup.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…