Onion and Cheese Turnovers
Member recipe by littlechef1995
A simple and easy recipe to make onion and cheese tunovers. Delicious!
- 8 oz Shortcrust Pastry
- 12 oz Cooked Onions
- 4 oz Chedder cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 pint Savoury White Sauce
- Roll out the pastry thinly and cut into six 4 inch rounds.
- Chop the cooked onion finely and mix with all the other ingredients, season carefully with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the pastry circles. Dampen the edges and carefully fold over each circle to form a half circle, press the edges well together.
- With a sharp knife, score across the top of each turnover amd brush with a little milk.
- Put each turnover onto a ungreased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 425F/220C/Gas mark 6 or until the turniovers are golden brown.
- Serve warm, (the filling inside may be a bit hot).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…