Member recipe by bakingchef15
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Pasties
- 6oz sort crust pastry
- 4oz braising steak, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- milk or egg to glaze.
- Heat oven to 220c,425f Gas mark 7.
- Divide the pastry into 4, roll out each piece about 0.5cm thick keeping a round shape. Trim if necessary.
- Mix meat with potato and onion, season well.
- Divide the filling between the rounds of pastry, dampen the edges and draw up the sides so that they meet in the middle.
- Firmly press edges together, flute with the fingers and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 10 min then reduce heat to 180c, 350f Gas mark 4, and cook for a further 40 min.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…