Member recipe by ravi311
- Chicken 700g (cut into pieces with bone)
- Coriander powder 4 tablespoon
- Chilly powder 1 tablespoon
- Fennel powder 2 teaspoon
- Shallots 10 pcs (diced thinly)
- Garlic 1.5 bulbs (peeled and crushed roughly. Crush only to break garlic but retain the juices)
- Ginger 1 cm (peeled and pressed)
- Cloves 5 pcs
- Cinnamon stick 1cm
- Almonds 7 pcs (skin removed and pound into coarse paste)
- Apple (red) 50g (cut into small cubes)
- Coconut cream 1 cup
- Olive oil 5 tablespoon
- Water 2-3 cups
- Clean chicken and marinate with coriander powder, fennel powder, chilly powder, half the shallots, ginger and half the garlic. Add salt. Allow to sit for 60-90 minutes.
- Heat oil, add cloves, cinnamon stick and stir. Shortly after, add shallots and stir till shallot becomes mildly brown. Add remaining garlic and stir.
- Add marinated chicken and water. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add almond and apple. Stir well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Do not overheat.
- Serve with rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…