Kiwi/Grape Chocolate Tart
Member recipe by topazjo
It has a moist chocolate sponge base with a soft fruit filling. It is topping with a crunchy double chocolate biscuit topping. Inspired by the Italian tart.
- - For the Sponge Base -
- 3 Large Eggs
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 64g White Self Raising Flour
- - For the Filling -
- 3 Kiwi Fruit (Peeled and Cut into cubes)
- 150g Grapes (Cut into 4)
- - For the Topping -
- 160g Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (crushed into crumbs)
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 7 and grease a large flan dish
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until a pale yellow colour.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into the mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the flan dish and bang against the table so it is equally spread out
- Prepare the fruit, cut the kiwi into cubes and the grapes into 4/5 circles.
- Put the base into the oven for 5-8 minutes until slightly solidified. While you're waiting crush the biscuits
- Remove the base from the oven and add the fruit to the top quickly before it sinks.
- Return the base to the oven for a further 5-8 minutes, finish crushing the biscuits while you're waiting.
- Remove the base from the oven and add the biscuit topping.
- Return to the oven for a final 10-15 minutes until the biscuit crumbs are browned and a skewer put through the centre comes out clean (warning there may be some crumbs from the biscuit). Serve hot or cold
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…