Lemon & Ricotta Pancakes
Member recipe by misslaffan
- 250g/9oz ricotta cheese
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 3 Large eggs, separated
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 55g/2oz plain flour
- Warmed cherry or blueberry conserve to serve
- Place the ricotta cheese, sugar and egg yolks in a large bowl and mix together. Stir in the lemon rind and melted butter. Sift in the flour and fold in. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Put a non-stick frying pan onto a medium heat and add heaped tablespoons of the mixture allowing room for spread. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the underside is coloured then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with warmed conserve and enjoy.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…