Member recipe by tartanjuda
- 4g gelatin (approx 2 leaves), soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 280ml single cream
- 200ml milk
- 55g plain quality chocolate (I used 85% cocoa solids), Broken into small pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 60g granulated sugar
- 3 tbs dark rum
- (For the decoration)
- Grated plain chocolate
- Heat the single cream and the milk in a sauce pan, but not to bring to the boil. Add the pieces of chocolate and dissolve, regularly stirring.
- Add the prepared gelatin into the pan and dissolve completely. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar and dark rum, then pour the chocolate mixture over the eggs, stirring well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the dishes, cool a little and then put in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Sprinkle over the grated chocolate before you serve, if you like. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…