Spinach & Feta muffins
Member recipe by susana2010
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Muffins
Quick and fluffy savoury muffins that are just yummy for any occasion.
- 250g all purpose flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 15g baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp sweet paprika
- 1tbsp dried parsley
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 100g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan and line with paper or rubber moulds on an oven tray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and combine with the sugar, the baking powder, the salt, the paprika and the parsley.
- Wisk the eggs, the sour cream, the vegetable oil and the milk, and add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients with a wooden spoon. Do not over-mix. Batter needs to be thick and gooey.
- Break the spinach leaves into pieces (with your hands, no with scissors) and fold into the batter along with the crumbled feta cheese. Pour over the muffins moulds.
- Once you put the tray in the oven, low the temperature to 180C and bake for 15min. Check if they are already thoroughly cooked pressing gently the top of the muffins with one finger to see if they are firm but not hard. If they are ready, take them out to cool for few minutes. If they are not ready yet, leave them to bake for 5 extra minutes lowering the temperature to 150C. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…