Mixed Berry Mousse
Member recipe by padwan88
- 3 fresh free range eggs
- 4 tbsp light granulated sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- In a pan of simmering water, add the mixture of frozen berries and half the amount of sugar. Cook the berries until they feel soft.
- When the berries are soft, turn off the heat. Drain, keeping the juice. With the drained berries, using a processor, pulse the berries into a thick mixture, pour into a bowl and leave to cool
- Separate the eggs. Using the egg whites only and the 1/2 - 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (depending on your own taste), in a clean food processor whisk until soft peaks form. At this stage add the last of the sugar. Whisk until firm peaks form - when the whisk leaves deep markings in the white mixture.
- Add 1 spoonful of the egg white to the mixed berries. stir the egg white in quickly until all combined.
- Now gradually fold the rest of the whites into the berry mixture. Do this slowly and carefully. Doing this too quickly will knock out all the air from the whites. Do not combine all the mixture, leave some of the whites still showing.
- To serve, spoon the mixture into 4 tall glasses. Leave to set for 2-3 hours in the fridge. You can leave them to set over night. Once set drizzle the kept berry juice over the mousse, and top with fresh berries. The berry juice is also ideal for making smoothies, Jelly, and ice cream with :) enjoy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…