Super Juicy Mushroom Burgers
Member recipe by superspatula
- 4 big flat mushrooms
- 4 bread rolls (I recommend ciabatta rolls)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 100g goat's cheese (this can be substituted with any cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp chutney (I recommend beetroot or sweet onion)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4.
- Put the olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme and some salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mushrooms on the baking tray and spread the oil mix evenly onto the gills of the mushroom. The stalks can be left in or taken out.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes until juicy. Meanwhile slice each bread roll in half and divide the goat's cheese into four ready to crumble onto the mushroom.
- When the mushrooms are juicy, crumble the goat's cheese on top and put back in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the rolls and then spread the top of each roll with the chutney.
- Put the finished burgers into the buns and enjoy with a green salad or chips!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…