Chinese Style Pork Fillet
Member recipe by louiseglennie
Succulent pork with a chinese style coating pefect for barbeques or just done in the oven.
- For the marinade
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsps of lazy ginger or equivalent fresh peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fresh chilli (optional)
- 1 pork fillet
- Light the barbecue if using or turn the oven on to 220C
- Take the pork and with sharp knife remove any white membrane from around the pork
- Put the marinade ingredients into a shallow dish large enough to take the pork, mix together with a spoon and roll the pork to ensure it is covered.
- Leave the pork to marinade for as long as you can, turn the pork to ensure the pork is evenly marinated
- Remove the pork from the marinade and wipe off any chunks of marinade
- Place the pork on the barbecue and turn every 7 mins to ensure it is fully cooked, if using the oven place on a rack and put on the highest shelf for 30 minutes until fully cooked - test by inserting a knife there should be no red juices, leave to stand for 15 minutes for the meat to rest and finish cooking, ideally cover or wrap in foil to keep warm.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…