Lamb in sundried tomato sauce
Member recipe by claire100
- 4 small lamb leg steaks (350g)
- 200ml lamb; chicken or vegetable stock
- 2tsp sundried tomato paste
- 2tbsp creme fraiche (half fat if you're being good!)
- 25g soft cheese (half fat if you're being good!)
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- Pan-fry 4 leg steaks for approx 14-18 mins - until cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add 200ml lamb or chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil with 2tsp sundried tomato paste. Reduce the heat and stir in 2 tbsp creme fraiche and soft cheese. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season well.
- Simmer for a few minutes, add a few shredded fresh basil leaves and pour over the lamb.
- Serve with your choice of potatoes (crushed new potatoes go really well) and sugar snap peas or fine green beans.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…