Tuna Potato Cakes
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 4 large potatoes
- 50ml milk
- 2 cans of tuna (240g)
- 12 chives, finely chopped
- 15ml lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g All Bran Flakes
- Sunflower oil for frying
- ***Make double sure you have a good non-stick pan before attempting this. Placing the cakes in the fridge for a few minutes before frying also helps them keep their shape. ***
- Boil the potatoes and mash them adding small splashes of milk. Mix together all the ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and All Bran Flakes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs and All Bran Flakes in a plastic bag and bash them to a fine dust.
- Shape the cakes with your hands (it should make about 9 cakes) and roll it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the cakes on both sides until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the cakes immediately. Even better wehn accompanied by lemon juice, sea salt and tartare sauce.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…