Chorizo and Rice Soup
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup rice
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 2 cup white wine
- 1,5l chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250ml fresh chervil leaves
- 2 x 125g bocconcini (buffalo mozzarella balls), torn
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, garlic and chorizo and cook until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the wine and 1 cup of the stock and cook, stirring, for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and the tomatoes, increase the heat to high and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir through salt and pepper and top with chervil and mozzarella to serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…