Member recipe by monzav
- Ingredients for pastry:
- 200g plain flour
- 125g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 25ml cold water
- Ingredients for apple filling:
- 5 small apples (pink lady or cox) or
- 5 pears
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs sugar
- Ingredients for topping:
- 125ml double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs sugar
- Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Pour water, flour, butter, salt, egg and baking powder into the bowl. Knead the dough for a few minutes until is soft and not sticky. Roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to a 1cm thickness. Place the dough on a baking tray. Prick the bottom of the tart with a fork. Bake a pastry in the oven for about 20min.
- Make syrup by melting the butter with lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- Cut peeled and cored apples/pears into thin slices. When the tart bottom has chilled, lay the apple/pears slices in concentric circles. Sprinkle the syrup over the apples/pears. Bake for 20min until the pastry is pale golden brown.
- Whisk together the double cream, egg yolks and sugar till thick and creamy. When the pastry is ready pour the cream over the tart. Bake the cake in the oven for next 10 mins until mixture just set.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…