Chicken and Tomato Fusilli
Member recipe by theflat
A great way to use up leftover roast chicken. To save time I make the tomato and basil sauce the night before so it takes just 15 minutes to get to the table. A great weekday supper!
- Ingredients:to serve 4
- Tomato and Basil Sauce;
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 100ml White Wine
- Splash of Cider Vinegar
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1TSP each of sugar, salt and pepper
- Large Handful of Basil
- 100g Buffalo Mozzarella
- 250g Fusilli
- Handful of leftover roast chicken
- Parmesan, grated
- Rocket to garnish
- Make sauce - fry the onion and garlic until soft, add the wine and vinegar and fry until nearly evaporated. Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes, Sugar, Salt and Pepper and simmer for 1 hour. Add torn basil leaves and mozzarella.
- You can make the sauce up to a day in advance and store in fridge then reheat, or alternatively freeze for up to three months
- Cook fusilli according to instructions and drain. Add to sauce
- Stir through roast chicken and serve topped with Parmesan and rocket salad
- For more of my recipes please visit my blog http://www.jamandclottedcream.blogspot.com
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…