Sweet French toast with Bacon
Member recipe by philippagraham51
A Perfect lazy breakfast. Cinnamon and Vanilla french toast complimented with the salty bacon.
- 4 slices premium center-cut or thick-cut bacon
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 slices hearty whole-grain bread
- Butter for frying
- Berries (strawberries or blueberries are good) or apple slices (optional)
- 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375ÃÂ°F/190ÃÂ°C. Put the bacon in the oven; bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, combine milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a pie plate or shallow bowl; whisk until well blended.
- Dip 2 bread slices into egg mixture and let stand 30 seconds to absorb the liquid. Flip bread over and let stand in mixture another 30 seconds.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium heat until melted (but be careful not to burn it). Add 2 dipped bread slices and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip over and continue cooking for 1 minute or until done. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining 2 bread slices.
- On each plate, place 2 strips of bacon and 2 slices of French toast. Garnish with berries or apple slices, if you'd like, and serve with syrup.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…