Member recipe by monzav
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Cake
- Ingredients for almond cake:
- 25g flaked almonds
- 25g mixed nuts
- 200g plain flour
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml honey
- 20g brown sugar
- Ingredients for chocolate mousse:
- 400g dark chocolate (70% Lindt)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200ml double cream
- 2 Tbs cocoa
- 150g sugar
- 6 eggs ( 3 egg whites and 6 egg yolks)
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
- Almond cake: Roast the nuts in a hot pan for 5 mins until they are a pale golden colour. Cream together the butter, sugar, nuts, baking powder, eggs and honey.
- Add the flour until the dough just comes together - it will be soft. Carefully roll out the dough on a well-floured surface to a 1cm thickness.
- Bake the cake in the oven for about 20 mins until just set.
- Chocolate mousse: Pour sugar and yolks into the heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk yolks with sugar till thick and creamy. Add double cream and cocoa. Whisk until combined and cream is warm to the touch.
- Remove the bowl from the pan. Add dark and milk chocolate, unsalted butter. Stir continuously until it is shiny, smooth, and completely melted.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Pour the egg whites into the chocolate cream and gently fold together.
- Pour the mousse over the cake and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
- More recipes with films on http://thecornerofpleasure.blogspot.com/
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…