Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 25g butter
- 2 baby onions / shallots
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 500ml milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream / regular cream
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 12 slices chorizo / spanish sausage
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Set aside 2 handfuls cauliflower florets. Heat the butter in a large pan and fry the onions until soft but not brown. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, milk and stock to the pot. Bring to the boil before reducing the heat and letting it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree until smooth in a food processor. Return to the pan and add the cream. Warm through and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Heat the oil in the pan and the reserved cauliflower florets. Fry them until brown and starting to soften. Add a splash of water and and cook for a further 2 minutes or until just tender. Tip the cauliflower into a bowl.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and fry quickly on each side until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a small pile of crisp cauliflower in the center, topped with a couple of slices of chorizo and scattered with coriander.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…