Member recipe by maddiek
ServingsServes 1 - 24
- Vegetable Samosa FIlling
- 1 Potato finely diced (5 to 10 mill cubes)
- 1 carrot finely diced - as above
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Cup of frozen peas
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 tspn curry powder or your own spices according to taste
- Salt, Pepper to taste.
- 100ml of vegetable stock.
- Making the Samosa Pastry
- 225gm. plain flour
- 2 tspn. salt
- 2tblspb. vegetable oil
- 80 ml warm water.
- The Vegetable Filling
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic, mix in the spices and fry until soft. Add the vegetables, seasoning and stir well until coated. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Now for the pastry!
- Mix flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well into the centre and add the oil and enough water to make a firm dough. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth and roll into a ball. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Divide the pastry into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and roll out into a circle of 15 cm. Divide this circle into two equal pieces with a knife.
- Brush each edge with a little water and form a cone shape around your fingers, sealing the dampened edge.
- Fill the cases with a tblpns of your chosen mixture and press the two dampened edges together to seal the top of the cone. Deep fry the samosas in hot oil until crisp and brown take out and drain on a paper towel.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…