Member recipe by pomeroy-pigs
- 2 large Onions
- 3 tbsp Chickpea Flour (plain Flour will be OK)
- 1 tsp garam masala (or to taste)
- Pinch of Chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Mango Chutney (the magic ingredient)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the Dip
- 4 tbsp Plain yogurt
- 2 tsp mint sauce straight from the jar
- Chop onions leaving plenty of longer strands as this improves the final presentation and fry off until soft and sweet. Leave to cool a little.
- Mix the cooked onions with all the other ingredients except the oil to create a lovely thick paste.
- Drop dessertspoon fulls into a hot oiled frying pan cooking for a minute or two on each side.
- Can be taken straight to the table or set aside and reheated in the oven later which works very well.
- Serve with a yogurt and mint dip - a simple plain yogurt and mint sauce mixture.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…