The Best Shortbread Recipe!
Member recipe by tashax3
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Slices
A delicious light and buttery shortbread recipe which is as easy as pie to make!!
- 250g unsalted butter (plus extra)
- 125g caster sugar (plus extra)
- 250g plain flour
- 125g of semolina or cornflour/fine polenta (not granules!)
- Preheat oven, 150 degrees C. Cream the butter and sugar. Add the plain flour and semolina or cornflour/polenta. Mix lightly.
- Press into a buttered 22cm square tin or a 20cm diameter round tin and prick with a fork.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar.
- But into squares/slices whilst still hot and allow to cool.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…