Chicken Tortilla Soup
Member recipe by ashleylaren-ca
A recipe from a friends blog that I tried out and tasted amazing! And was easy to make!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 can of chicken broth [swanson's no sodium]
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of chopped chilis [optional]
- 1 large can of tomato juice or soup
- 1/2-1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- Jalapenos [optional]
- 1 bag or tortillas or tortilla chips.
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Shed the chicken meat, but not too thing. Grill garlic and onions in a pan of butter until golden.
- Mix the broth and tomato juice/soup. Then add the canned beans, corn, chilis, and the cooked onions and garlic, and the jalapenos if you choose.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes and then add your choice of tortilla/chips and serve topped with cheese and sour cream. Jalapenos can also be used as a topper.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…