Vietnamese Kho Style Chicken
Member recipe by jcfeltham
- 200g Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 Red Pepper
- 4 Spring Onions
- 4 tbsp Sugar (demerara if available)
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp of Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Thai Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- Dired Coriander
- 1 pack of Noodles (dried or fresh)
- 200ml Water
- Check Chicken for any small pieces of bone that has been left after the meat has been de-boned. Chop the Chicken into strips about 1cm by 2cm.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper and chop into 1cm by 1cm pieces. Finely chop the Spring Onion.
- Heat a saucepan on a high heat before adding the oil. Add the Chicken and fry for 3 minutes or until it starts to brown. Add most of the Spring Onion, all the Pepper and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add Oyster Sauce, Water, Sugar, Five Spice, Chilli flakes and Fish Sauce. Stir mixture and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cook Noodles according to manufactures instructions. Check on Chicken mixture. Allow Sauce to thicken, which should take about 5 minutes.
- Drain Noodles and separate onto two plates. Remove Chicken mixture from the heat and dish up on top of Noodles. Sprinkle Coriander and remaining spring onions over Chicken mixture... ENJOY
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…