Salmon fillets with lemon rice
Member recipe by dianewalkermcalley
- For the Rice
- 225g Long Grain Rice
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 900ml Vegetable Stock
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 100g Frozen or tinned Sweetcorn
- 400g Can of chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp Fresh chopped Parsley or Coriander
- 1/2 Red onion, shredded
- 2tbsp Creme fraiche
- For the Salmon
- 4tbsp Fresh chopped Parsley or Coriander
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- A good pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Slices of Feta or Salad cheese
- For the rice, rinse under cold running water. Bring the lemon rind, juice and stock to the boil in a saucepan. Add the rice and tomatoes and simmer for approx 12-15 mins. Season with plenty of black pepper if you like. Becareful not to let it boil dry, stir frequently.
- Meanwhile mix the parsley, lemon rind and chilli flakes together and press on to the top of the salmon fillets. Pre head the grill to a medium heat. Then drizzle with the oil and cook the fillets.
- Just before the rice is ready, stir in the red onion, parsley, sweetcorn and peas. Warm these through. At this point add the feta to the top of the fillets and grill until golden in colour.
- Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche.
- Spoon the rice mixture on to plates and top with the salmon fillets
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…